What is Aquatic Therapy?
Aquatic Therapy combines the physical properties of water with specific exercises. The water’s buoyancy can allow for a pain-free full-body workout which decreases stress on painful joints. Regular exercise can lead to gradual increases in strength, flexibility, and range of motion which can result in improved function with less pain.
Patient Diagnosis That Use Aquatic Therapy:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acute or Chronic Low Back Pain
- Joint Surgeries
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy:
- Decreases the weight-bearing load on joints
- Minimizes pain and muscle spasm
- Increases circulation
- Increases range of motion, strength and endurance
- Promotes relaxation
- Increases cardiovascular conditioning
- Promotes psychological well-being
- Allows more rapid recovery
Monday – Thursday: 7am – 6pm
Friday: 7am – 5pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Pool Cost: $40/month
Pool and Gym:
Member may use both facilities after initial instruction from a RACV employee.
Pool Cost: $40
Pool and Gym Combo: $50
Pool Rules and Schedule:
- You must have a doctor’s referral to participate in this program.
- Members may use the pool facilities only after initial instruction from a RACV employee.
- Members must shower before entering the pool.
- Please understand that our active physical therapy patients have priority in the pool.
- Please note that the pool may be closed occasionally for unexpected problems and/or maintenance. We strive to keep these outages to a minimum and resolve them quickly. Refunds/discounts will not be granted due to the pool being closed.
- The pool schedule is subject to change at any time.